MISSISSIPPI GOVERNOR'S MANSION
A national historic landmark receives careful and meticulous restoration.
First occupied back in 1842, the Mississippi Governor’s Mansion was designated as a national historic landmark in 1975. This historic restoration included the entire front half of the building. The interior restoration required approval from the Mississippi Department of Archives and History each step of the way. All of the intricate plaster crown moldings and ceiling medallions, were rebuilt in-place by hand, by a master plasterer. All painted surfaces, from molding to trim, were also restored.
J.A. Moss also installed an all-new concrete circular drive, 3 flag poles, and renovated the outbuilding quarters for inmates that serve the mansion. The mansion is considered by historians to be the finest surviving example of Greek Revival style architecture in the United States. It still serves as the home of the Governor of Mississippi.